The MKF Women’s Self Defence Programme
- It’s a sad fact but official figures show approximately 85,000 women are raped in England and Wales every year, thats 11 rapes every hour.
- The Crime Survey for England and Wales (CSEW) estimated that 20 per cent of women have experienced some type of sexual assault since the age of 16, equivalent to 3.4 million female victims.
- The police in England and Wales receive over 4000 phone calls per week from women subjected to some sort of sexual assault or threat.
- Only 15% of women who experience sexual violence choose to report to the police
- 90% of women know the perpetrator before the offence occurs
Our women’s self-defence beginners courses run over four weekly sessions. You will need to sign up from the first date of each course to get the most out of it. You can simply participate in the four-week course to learn some basic self-defence techniques, or you may decide to become a Meridian Kung Fu member and attend term time women-only sessions, or regular adult sessions (that run during term time and school holidays).
If you can’t find the information you are looking for, please feel free to call us on 01702 391998 or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women’s Self Defence classes available now
In Class you will:
- Learn powerful self-defence techniques that work on an attacker of greater size
- Learn how to deal with a confrontation quickly with maximum effect
- Learn how to avoid confrontation
- Learn how to diffuse a potential confrontation
- Spot the signs of a potential threat
Learn how to proficiently defend against the most common types of attack:
- Defending a swinging punch/slap
- Defending a straight punch/hit
- Removing a throat grab
- Removing an arm grab
- Defending and countering a high kick
- Defending and countering a body strike
- Defending a lapel grab and push into a wall
- Escaping from a head-lock
- Defending and countering multiple strikes
- Defending and countering multiple attacks
- How to deal with an attacker of greater size and strength (easily)
- Vital striking points
- Basic blocks and strikes
- Basic kicks and footwork
- Basic principles of Wing Chun Kung Fu
Your confidence levels will soar as you learn practical self defence techniques that work with lightning speed. You’ll feel safe knowing you can protect yourself and your loved ones and inspired that you are learning an incredible new skill.
What to wear?
Clothing: Loose and comfortable top and full length trousers. Non marking shoes.
Book here to start your martial arts journey!
* Dates in green denote the start date of a new four-week course.
Our women’s self-defence beginners courses run over four weekly sessions. You will need to sign up from the first date of each course. Our next start date is Monday 10th September
Available Regular Class Times (during term time)
10am-11am at Southend HQ
8pm-9pm at Leigh on Sea
“The instructors are fabulous. Their dedication and commitment is second to none!”
“I’m now in my fifth year since joining the club and it’s given me a massive confidence boost and as well as keeping me fit physically In mind and body, it’s taught me discipline and a different look on the world. All the instructors are very friendly and professional and it’s nice being part of something that I enjoy. Highly Recommended. ”
“I think this art has a very important physical attraction as well as a philosophical approach mostly lost in these ‘modern’ times. All round self knowledge is expertly offered in an encouraging environment, regardless of gender, experience or the natural ravages of wear & tear! All hopefully for many more years to come!”
REVIEWS OF MKF WOMEN’S SELF-DEFENCE CLASSES
Each session includes all primary aspects of physical conditioning – Strength Development, Cardiopulmonary Conditioning and Flexibility Training. Consistent with the unique history and practice of the martial arts, our core curriculum includes high-energy drills designed to build and hone self-control and self-discipline. Through positive coaching we instill confidence and develop skills in personal development and protocol as well as building your personal knowledge in maintaining your health and fitness.